Contact Us

C o n t a c t U s

Responsible Mining Nimba Iron Ore Project SMFG

2021-10-5  We, the Société des Mines de Fer de Guinée (SMFG), have been entrusted by the people of Guinea to responsibly develop the Nimba Iron Ore Project and create a positive contribution for future generations. The Project represents more than fifteen years of research, studies and negotiations throughout the region.

For Nimba Iron Ore Project in Guinea, High Power

2021-11-13  The Nimba Iron Ore Project is located in the Guinean Nimba Mountains, in south-eastern Guinea, adjacent to the Liberian and Ivoirian borders. It is a Tier 1 deposit containing extremely high grade, low impurity, direct shipping ore and is considered one of

Guinea's Nimba iron ore project seen as viable, but export

2021-11-10  The Nimba iron ore project in Guinea said on Wednesday that a pre-feasibility study confirmed the mine’s viability, but it expressed concerns about potential limitations on its railway access to

HPX announces positive result for Nimba Iron Ore project

2021-11-12  The Nimba Iron Ore Project is located in the Guinean Nimba Mountains, in south-eastern Guinea, adjacent to the Liberian and Ivorian borders. It is a Tier 1 deposit containing extremely high grade, low impurity, direct shipping ore and is considered one of

Nimba North World-Class Iron Ore

2021-7-2  Nimba North World-Class Iron Ore Deposits Acquisition by SML in Guinea Sarmin Metals Ltd (SML) is pleased to announce conclusion of a shareholding agreement with Singapore based Steelridge Resources Pte. Ltd. to develop through its wholly owned subsidiary, First Metal Guinee SARLU high grade hematite-magnetite Nimba North iron ore project in

LIBERIA/GUINEA : Nimba iron: SMFG still waiting for

2021-11-17  Rattled Nimba iron project shareholders launch charm offensive in Liberia Robert Friedland's group, which operates the Nimba iron ore project in Guinea, has launched a website extolling its activities in Liberia to show the country that it can boost its economy. It is rattled by a new agreement between ArcelorMittal and Monrovia.

World Bank invests USD 135 million in Guinea Nimba iron

2020-9-9  Guinea has been struggling to profit from its iron ore for decades. Due to protracted legal disputes and infrastructure costs, Guinea's iron ore has not been developed. In October 2019, Guinea and Liberia signed an agreement to allow several Guinean mines, including the Nimba project, to export through Liberian ports.

High Power Exploration acquires the world-class Nimba

2019-9-7  Nimba iron ore deposit in the Republic of Guinea CONAKRY, REPUBLIC OF GUINEA Eric Finlayson, President of the US-domiciled High Power Exploration Inc. (HPX), announced at a signing ceremony in Conakry today attended by His Excellency Alpha Condé, President of the Republic of Guinea, and His Excellency Kgalema

US$200m Raised To Start Nimba Iron Ore Mining THE

2021-3-10  “Nimba will be the first major iron ore exporter from Guinea,” Guy de Selliers, chairman of the Société des Mines de Fer de Guinée, the entity that owns Nimba, told the Financial Times. “This is the caviar of iron ore,” Selliers said. HPX is the majority owner of SMFG with an 85% stake. The remaining 15% is held by the government of

Nimba iron ore mine Report Wood Mackenzie

2021-8-18  The Nimba project is in the Guinean Nimba Mountains of south-eastern Guinea, on the borders with Liberia and Cote d’Ivoire. Nimba is a high grade, direct shipping ore (DSO) deposit. Owned by High Power Exploration (HPX), development of the Nimba project will be dependent on securing a viable transport infrastructure solution.

For Nimba Iron Ore Project in Guinea, High Power

2021-11-13  The Nimba Iron Ore Project is located in the Guinean Nimba Mountains, in south-eastern Guinea, adjacent to the Liberian and Ivoirian borders. It is a Tier 1 deposit containing extremely high grade, low impurity, direct shipping ore and is considered one of

Nimba Iron Ore Project Port Location Studies and Design

Nimba Iron Ore Project Port Location Studies and Design. The Mount Nimba export terminal was the final cornerstone of the Nimba iron ore project which aims to develop a very extensive concession in the iron ore-rich regions of Simandou and Nimba in

Guinea's Nimba iron ore project seen as viable, but export

2021-11-11  The Nimba iron ore project in Guinea said on Wednesday that a pre-feasibility study confirmed the mine's viability, but it expressed concerns about potential limitations on its

LIBERIA/GUINEA : Nimba iron: SMFG still waiting for

2021-11-17  Rattled Nimba iron project shareholders launch charm offensive in Liberia Robert Friedland's group, which operates the Nimba iron ore project in Guinea, has launched a website extolling its activities in Liberia to show the country that it can boost its economy. It is rattled by a new agreement between ArcelorMittal and Monrovia.

HPX announces positive result for Nimba Iron Ore project

2021-11-12  The Nimba Iron Ore Project is located in the Guinean Nimba Mountains, in south-eastern Guinea, adjacent to the Liberian and Ivorian borders. It is a Tier 1 deposit containing extremely high grade, low impurity, direct shipping ore and is considered one of

Nimba North World-Class Iron Ore

2021-7-2  Nimba North World-Class Iron Ore Deposits Acquisition by SML in Guinea Sarmin Metals Ltd (SML) is pleased to announce conclusion of a shareholding agreement with Singapore based Steelridge Resources Pte. Ltd. to develop through its wholly owned subsidiary, First Metal Guinee SARLU high grade hematite-magnetite Nimba North iron ore project in

World Bank invests USD 135 million in Guinea Nimba iron

2020-9-9  Guinea has been struggling to profit from its iron ore for decades. Due to protracted legal disputes and infrastructure costs, Guinea's iron ore has not been developed. In October 2019, Guinea and Liberia signed an agreement to allow several Guinean mines, including the Nimba project, to export through Liberian ports.

US$200m Raised To Start Nimba Iron Ore Mining THE

2021-3-10  “Nimba will be the first major iron ore exporter from Guinea,” Guy de Selliers, chairman of the Société des Mines de Fer de Guinée, the entity that owns Nimba, told the Financial Times. “This is the caviar of iron ore,” Selliers said. HPX is the majority owner of SMFG with an 85% stake. The remaining 15% is held by the government of

High Power Exploration acquires the world-class Nimba

2019-9-7  Nimba iron ore deposit in the Republic of Guinea CONAKRY, REPUBLIC OF GUINEA Eric Finlayson, President of the US-domiciled High Power Exploration Inc. (HPX), announced at a signing ceremony in Conakry today attended by His Excellency Alpha Condé, President of the Republic of Guinea, and His Excellency Kgalema

For Nimba Iron Ore Project in Guinea, High Power

2021-11-13  The Nimba Iron Ore Project is located in the Guinean Nimba Mountains, in south-eastern Guinea, adjacent to the Liberian and Ivoirian borders. It is a Tier 1 deposit containing extremely high grade, low impurity, direct shipping ore and is considered one of

Nimba iron ore mine Report Wood Mackenzie

2021-8-18  The Nimba project is in the Guinean Nimba Mountains of south-eastern Guinea, on the borders with Liberia and Cote d’Ivoire. Nimba is a high grade, direct shipping ore (DSO) deposit. Owned by High Power Exploration (HPX), development of the Nimba project will be dependent on securing a viable transport infrastructure solution.

Guinea's Nimba iron ore project seen as viable, but export

2021-11-11  The Nimba iron ore project in Guinea said on Wednesday that a pre-feasibility study confirmed the mine's viability, but it expressed concerns about potential limitations on its

Nimba Iron Ore Project Port Location Studies and Design

Nimba Iron Ore Project Port Location Studies and Design. The Mount Nimba export terminal was the final cornerstone of the Nimba iron ore project which aims to develop a very extensive concession in the iron ore-rich regions of Simandou and Nimba in

Liberia: HPX Announces Positive Result for Nimba Iron Ore

2021-11-12  The development of the Nimba Iron Ore Project is estimated to create 2,000 direct permanent jobs, of which approximately 1,500 would be in Guinea and 500 in Liberia. It

Export concerns loom over Guinea’s Nimba iron ore

2021-11-14  The Nimba iron ore project in Guinea said on Wednesday November 10 that a pre-feasibility study confirmed the mine’s viability, but it expressed concerns about potential limitations on its railway access to export via Liberia. The project, which U.S.-Canadian investor Robert Friedland’s High Power Exploration Inc (HPX) acquired in 2019

News & Media Releases Nimba Iron Ore Project SMFG

2020-9-23  Ivanhoe Liberia Launches Website for the Nimba Iron Ore Project. CONAKRY, REPUBLIC OF GUINEA, 5th October 2021 SMFG is pleased to announce the launch. Read more. Press Release. 23 Sep 2021. Robin Sandenburgh Appointed to SMFG’s Board of Directors. SMFG is delighted to announce that Ms Robin Sandenburgh was appointed to SMFG’s board

World Bank invests USD 135 million in Guinea Nimba iron

2020-9-9  Guinea has been struggling to profit from its iron ore for decades. Due to protracted legal disputes and infrastructure costs, Guinea's iron ore has not been developed. In October 2019, Guinea and Liberia signed an agreement to allow several Guinean mines, including the Nimba project, to export through Liberian ports.

US$200m Raised To Start Nimba Iron Ore Mining THE

2021-3-10  “Nimba will be the first major iron ore exporter from Guinea,” Guy de Selliers, chairman of the Société des Mines de Fer de Guinée, the entity that owns Nimba, told the Financial Times. “This is the caviar of iron ore,” Selliers said. HPX is the majority owner of SMFG with an 85% stake. The remaining 15% is held by the government of

High Power Exploration acquires the world-class Nimba

2019-9-7  Nimba iron ore deposit in the Republic of Guinea CONAKRY, REPUBLIC OF GUINEA Eric Finlayson, President of the US-domiciled High Power Exploration Inc. (HPX), announced at a signing ceremony in Conakry today attended by His Excellency Alpha Condé, President of the Republic of Guinea, and His Excellency Kgalema